Quintiles to merge with IMS Health

pharmafile | May 3, 2016 | News story | Medical Communications, Research and Development, Sales and Marketing IMS Health, Quintiles, merger 

IMS Health (NYSE: IMS) and Quintiles (NYSE: Q) have announced that a definitive merger agreement has been made between the pair’s boards of directors.

The merged Quintiles IMS will boast an equity market capitalisation of more than $17.6 billion, as well as an enterprise value of more than $23 billion. The move will combine IMS Health’s position as one of the leading providers of industry data, research and information with Quintiles contract medical research expertise.

Under the terms of the merger, IMS Health shareholders will receive a fixed exchange ratio of 0.384 shares of Quintiles common stock for each share of IMS Health common stock. When the merger is completed, IMS Health shareholders will own approximately 51.4% of the combined entity with Quintiles shareholders owning the remaining 48.6%.

Quintiles IMS will maintain dual headquarters in Connecticut and North Carolina, with IMS CEO, Ari Bousbib, becoming chairman and CEO of the combined company. The pair hopes to exploit the estimated $100 biopharma product development market through improvements in clinical trial design, recruitment and execution.

Boubsib says: “Together our solutions will enable differentiation in the CRO market, advance real-world evidence capabilities, and deliver comprehensive commercial solutions for our clients. This powerful combination brings together leading technology and analytics with deep scientific expertise delivered on a global scale by our immensely talented professionals in more than 100 markets.”

Quintiles CEO, Tom Pike, comments: “This combination addresses life sciences companies most pressing needs: to transform the clinical development of innovative medicines, demonstrate the value of these medicines in the real world, and drive commercial success. We are bringing together two best-in-class leaders. I’m confident that together we will make our clients even more successful.”

Sean Murray

Related Content

Sunbird Bio and Glympse Bio merge for development of protein-based diagnostic technology

Sunbird Bio has announced that it has completed a merger with Glympse Bio, intending to …

Axol Bioscience and CENSO Biotechnologies enter merger agreement

Axol Bioscience, an established provider of iPSC-derived cells, media, and characterisation services, and CENSO Biotechnologies, …


AstraZeneca to buy Alexion in $39 billion deal

British-Swedish AstraZeneca is set to acquire American biopharmaceutical company Alexion for $39 billion, in a …

Latest content