Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Ulcerative Colitis in 8 Major Markets - ref #BS000035
Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) causing chronic inflammation in the colon, and is treated as an autoimmune disease. While sharing some features with Crohn's disease, UC is an intermittent disease with periods of symptoms interspersed with asymptomatic periods (generally induced by response to treatment). The disease involves the rectum up to the colon and is classified according to length of colon affected.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Ulcerative Colitis across 8 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Ulcerative Colitis have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for Ulcerative Colitis include:
- Colorectal cancer
- Complications from surgery
- Toxic megacolon
- Extra-intestinal features (e.g. primary sclerosing cholangitis, erythema nodosum)
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Ulcerative Colitis’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Ulcerative Colitis and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Ulcerative Colitis’s prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Ulcerative Colitis which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Ulcerative Colitis patients.
Publisher: Black Swan
Publication date: aPRIL 2016
Please download sample document below for table of contents and figures
You need to agree to the Terms and Conditions before placing your order
Terms and Conditions
12. Further Provisions: The Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the Parties relating to the Product and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings whether oral or written relating to the Product. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the Order, the Order shall prevail. The Agreement may only be varied in writing signed by an authorized representative of each party. Failure at any time to enforce any of these terms and conditions or to require performance by the other party of any such term or condition shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision or affect the right of either party to enforce the same. If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any tribunal of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions shall not be affected and shall be carried out as closely as possible according to the original intent. The Agreement does not confer any rights to or on any third party. The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.