Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) in 20 Major Markets - ref #BS000031
Peripheral Arterial disease (PAD) is an occlusion of the peripheral arteries and is widely viewed as a measure of an individual's global systemic atherosclerotic burden. Typically, it is defined as an ankle-brachial pressure index (APBI) ratio of <0.9. PAD can also be known as peripheral arterial occlusive disease, arteriosclerosis obliterans, lower extremity occlusive disease and peripheral vascular disease.
This report provides the current prevalent population for PAD across 20 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, India, Mexico, Turkey, Greece, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Republic of Korea, China, Argentina, Canada, Australia and Sweden) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of PAD have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for PAD include:
- Family history of PAD
- Lower limb ischemia
- Myocardial infarction
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global PAD’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of PAD and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on PAD’s prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within PAD which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of PAD patients.
Publisher: Black Swan
Publication date: April 2016
Please download sample document below for table of contents and figures
You need to agree to the Terms and Conditions before placing your order
Terms and Conditions
12. Further Provisions: The Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the Parties relating to the Product and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings whether oral or written relating to the Product. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the Order, the Order shall prevail. The Agreement may only be varied in writing signed by an authorized representative of each party. Failure at any time to enforce any of these terms and conditions or to require performance by the other party of any such term or condition shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision or affect the right of either party to enforce the same. If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any tribunal of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions shall not be affected and shall be carried out as closely as possible according to the original intent. The Agreement does not confer any rights to or on any third party. The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.